Gallup McKinley County School District is a dedicated group of 1,819 individuals (including 778 teachers) seeking to create the best learning environment for the students we have the honor to educate.
- 3,356 ELL Students (30%)
- 259 Homeless students (2%)
- 100% Free lunch
McKinley County has a population of approximately 75,000 residents with 11,631 students enrolled in 32 GMCS schools. McKinley County includes the Navajo Nation and the Zuni Pueblo.
- Student Enrollment 11,631
- 78.95% Native American
- Hispanic-(note, all students are identified as another ethnicity, none of our students are identified as Hispanic only) – (14%) this number reflects the students who identified themselves as Hispanic along with another race
4% Caucasian-does not include students who identified as Hispanic
- 1% Other-does not include students who identified as Hispanic
- Gallup McKinley County School District is geographically the largest school district in New Mexico covering 4,857 square miles.